Tuesday 9 April 2013

Liebster Love



Thanks the the lovely Hannah of the oldjawjaw, who gave me a Liebster award for small bloggers (hurrah!) and apologies for uselessness in taking quite so long to pass it on. The rules: post the award logos, answer the short questionnaire, and pass it along to two other bloggers (who must have fewer than 200 followers). Let's have a go then.


1. Favourite book? I love books. Pretty much all books. If I have to narrow it down, Goodnight Mr Tom was my favourite childhood book, and I have extreme love for Whistling for the Elephants by Sandi Toksvig and The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. I'm going to be very restrained and stop there.


2. Do you read real books or ebooks? Almost exclusively real books, and whilst I'd like to say it's for noble arty reasons, the truth is I am a broke student and cannot afford a Kindle or similar, and I don't like travelling with my laptop because that's how broke the last one (too many train journeys). Also: large and heavy. Happily, cheap paperbacks in charity shops are my friends.

3. Which art form offers you the truest expression for yourself? I don't feel any of them do to be honest. Probably writing comes closest. But with writing as well as making music, arts and crafts, etc etc, I am constantly frustrated that I can't express myself as well as I would like to. I probably express myself best with my large gob.

4. Favourite genre? I love a good historical drama, even better if it has a bit of romance and a bit of crime thrown in. I blame my mother. But, as above, I will literally read anything.

5. What makes you laugh? Depending on my mood, dark twisted humour or absolutely ridiculous slapstick.

6. What makes you cry? Ooh now I'm a bit of a toughie for crying. I have yet to find a film that makes me cry, and the books that do so are few and far between. Death does. So does too much alcohol when I'm not in a good place.

7. What is the one thing you can't do that you'd love to be able to do? Pee standing up. 

8. If you were given an opportunity to spend one more day with a friend or family member who has passed away, what would you do? I would go to Burnbake with Maisie, sit around the campfire, sing all the old songs, tell her I love her and sláinte over G&Ts one last time.


9. Do you write? I write all the time. Good, bad, indifferent, fiction, non-fiction. Doesn't matter as long as it's coming out on the page.

Pass it along:

Numero uno: a delightful new discovery in Carrie at carriecreatesconfidently, who writes some of the most beautiful poetry I have read in a long time. I went to uni with this marvellous lady, and was previously unaware of her mad poetic skillz. Read it, you won't regret it.

And secondly, Katie at size1614stone. She is eccentric and lovely and writes about a fantastic combination of feminist issues and fashion frippery. I love it and her, and the two of us must go for cocktails again soon.

So there you have it! Hope you all vastly enjoyed that, and I promise I will get better at more frequent blog posts. This nursing lark doesn't half take up a lot of time...

1 comment:

  1. Score. Doing so now. This is so MySpace I could fall over with the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete